Monday, March 5, 2012

Eco Craft Swap

Here is the latest swag I made for a craft swap. The theme was Eco/Hippie, and my partner was really into trees, so I tried to go with as many tree-ish things as I could. I also made some cat toys for her kitteh and some fun gift tags made out of recycled security envelopes, done with some paper cut-out stamps I had of a butterfly and a dragonfly. I may do that craft again for myself for gift tags at birthdays and holidays!

The one thing that my partner really wanted was a pair of fingerless gloves. I found some really luscious malabrigo worsted alpaca yarn in a colorway called dragonfly. pretty. And the gloves have a mild waffle-weave on the top of the hand.

Then I tried something a little different. I made these fun pins with three different buttons glued together and some fabric leaves made with scraps. They turned out pretty awesome, I think.

My partner had these fun tree appliques listed on her Pinterest board, but there was not a pattern for them. I ended up writing up a pattern and made them for her, and also sent her the pattern, as she is a crocheter, so she can make some more for herself if she wants.

Finally, my favorite thing that I made for this swap. I do not consider myself an embroiderer, but I saw a really neat faux bois piece on her Pinterest, and decided to try it out. I put her and her boyfriend's initials in the middle of the heart that is "carved" into the wood. I'm totally psyched with how it turned out, and hope to make some more. Wedding presents, anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment