So, I've been working on a dress re-do for a little 15-year-old friend of mine. Her mom had a dress that she wore in the mid 90's which was floor length, hot pink, had some seriously jacked up sparkley tulle as an outer layer, and was 4 sizes too big. So, I made it short, changed the skirt to a sequin lace, used the tulle for a sash, and used the leftover dress parts for a flower piece to add some interest to the top. As soon as I have pictures of her in it, I'll post the final product. I, of course, forgot to take before pictures. But here is the awesome flower I made:
It's made from the leftover 20 inches of satin from the main body of the dress. It was super easy to make, too. I'll make some more and post a tutorial. I finally have something to make with the random satin I've bought over the years! Yay!