Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hydrate!

I finally got around to making something for myself yesterday!  I've been constantly thirsty with the crazy weather and the parasite both demanding all of my hydration.  So, I've been carrying my Klean Kanteen with me everywhere I go.  However, it leaks all over my purse, or it's hard to carry, and I have to put it down to do other things.  Annoying.  So, I made a little sling to carry it in!  Dorky, yes.  Do I care?  No.  


I loosely based the design off of a pattern I found on Ravelry, but I distorted it so much, I had to write down the pattern as I went in order to remember how I changed it.  I think I must have a very different water bottle... the initial one I made using the exact specs of the pattern was GIANT!

But, after some trial and error, I think it looks awesome, and it's super functional.  I used two strands held together of Lion Cotton yarn.  It used up almost all of the skeins.  The colors were Orchid and Espresso.  It also uses a size I crochet hook.  If the pattern is too big for your water bottle, as well, let me know, and I'm happy to type up my changes to the pattern.    


Bonus:  It doubles as a weapon in case of zombie attack!  That sucker is heavy and could definitely take off some zombie head if swung properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment